Thursday, October 3, 2013

Android Source Repo GPG public key not found

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19126603/android-source-repo-gpg-public-key-not-found
\
the guide about repo on source.android.com fails.
Getting another repo is the answer.



Android Source Repo GPG public key not found

I am running Linux Mint 14 and trying to download the android source. I followed the instruction for setting up the environment and when I was trying to get the source with repo, I got the following error.
...
 * [new tag]         v1.9.4     -> v1.9.4
 * [new tag]         v1.9.5     -> v1.9.5
 * [new tag]         v1.9.6     -> v1.9.6

object e76efdd7b342577c40aa271fa5ded9d66a783a9b
type commit
tag v1.12.4
tagger Conley Owens <cco3@android.com> 1380645867 -0700

repo 1.12.4

gpg: Signature made Tue 01 Oct 2013 09:44:27 AM PDT using RSA key ID 692B382C
gpg: Can't check signature: public key not found
error: could not verify the tag 'v1.12.4'
I've tried importing the public key from the instruction, try generating my own GPG keys, as well as symbolic linking the directories ~/.gnupg and ~/.repoconfig/gnupg both ways and I still get the same error. I also tried to deleting the ~/.repoconfig and ~/.gnupg and still no luck.
Any help would be appreciated.
share|improve this question
I'm having the same issue. Tried alot of different solutions mentioned everywhere: delete the repoconfig dir, import a key, git tag -v 1.12.4 can't wrap my head aroundMarijn yesterday
i found a solution here:http://www.marshut.com/wrrts/repo-release-1-12-4.html
[quote] Sorry, I realized today that we didn't upload the newest version of the launcher. I'll update the documentation. For the meantime, please use:
curl http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo > ~/bin/repo chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
sha1 e197cb48ff4ddda4d11f23940d316e323b29671c
If verification errors persist, you can blow away (or move) your ~/.repoconfig dir to ensure the new public keys are imported.
Sorry for the trouble everyone! [/quote]
share|improve this answer
yup, that fixed it...YTKColumba yesterday
seems that repo 1.12.4 was only released a few hours agoMarijn yesterday
Seconding (thirding?) this. Replaced the installed version (and B2G version) of repo with this and things are back up and running.Jostein Kjønigsen yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment